I interrupt our regularly scheduled program (if you can even call it that) to do something different this week! I was nominated for the Liebster Award which, as I’m copying straight from my nominator’s blog, is as such:
The Liebster Award originated in Germany. The German word Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. In short, this award is given to the upcoming promising bloggers who have some worth-reading content and certainly have less than 200 followers as a recognition of their talent and as a way to greet them “welcome”. This is a small act of inspiration that might change a blogger’s whole point of view, just like it changed mine. The Liebster Award is an award for Recognition. You would not get any money, or cup, or medal, or certificate; just a recognition which will give you a spot-light mark in this crowded blogging-market!
Another thing about this award is that this is a “Pay it forward” award, like a chain-reaction. Once you have accepted the award, you have to search for other bloggers, who are emerging as new buds with some really promising content which you find worth reading. You can accept it, or you can let it go; no harm done….However, if you want to accept The Liebster Award, you have to follow six simple rules which are:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog
2) Answer 11 questions that blogger gives you
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 5-11 other blogs that have less than 200 followers
5) Let those bloggers know you’ve nominated them
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
I found different sources with variances on the amount of blogs to nominate, but I’m going to stick with the rules I have up there.
Anyways, I’m so excited to participate in this! So, without further ado, let us begin!
Brianna, thank you SO much for this nomination! Seriously, you made my week! And everyone reading, please check out her blog by clicking here! She writes gorgeous poems and paints beautiful pictures! ❤
1) What projects are you working on and what inspired them? (Can be both writing and non-writing related projects)
I’m working on a new book, actually! Today is the first day of Camp NaNoWriMo, and so I decided to try to write at least half of a new book this month! It’s a prequel book to my fantasy trilogy! I thought it’d be cool to delve into the ancient times of my world and explore the life of one of its renowned figures!
2) How long have you been writing and blogging?
I started writing with a group of friends about nine or ten years ago. It wasn’t until 2015, though, that I actually completed my first ever novel. That was the moment I realized, “Hey! I want to keep doing this!”
Funnily enough, I started this blog back in 2018 and made a grand total of, like, 3 posts. I decided this year I would give it another go! So it hasn’t been very long, and I’m still learning as I go, but it’s been so much fun so far!
3) When people read your blog and other works, what do you hope they will take from it?
I’m hoping to reach other writers and readers with this blog, especially young writers. I want to give them the encouragement that I could have used when I set out on my writing journey more or less alone. I am by no means an expert, but I’ve learned some things, and I’m very, very passionate about writing and literature. My goal is to inspire and encourage other writers who come across my blog.
4) What is your favorite game?
This varies, but I have such great memories of playing card games with people. Anything from Phase 10 to Uno to Slaps, and I’m in. As far as video games go, Super Mario Smash Bros is my favorite, with Paper Mario 64 as a close second!
5) What is the strangest or most interesting thing you have ever researched in the name of writing?
I spent a solid summer learning about lizards and other reptiles. I guess it’s not that weird, but there was a time when I knew so many species and things about them. My knowledge on the topic has faded as I’ve discarded the facts that weren’t useful, but it was fun to feel like a lizard expert for a little while! I also bought a recurve bow with arrows so that I could experience what that was like.
6) Can you share the worst line or typo you’ve ever written?
Oh my goodness, there’s too many. I think my favorite typo was instead of saying my characters searched “thoroughly along” the way, I said that they searched “throrughly alond”. That made me laugh when I rediscovered it later! (I must have been tired during that writing session!) Another good one was, instead of saying that “rocks cannot do anything” I wrote “rocks cannot do any of things.” I’m so eloquent.
7) What is your favorite candy?
At this point, I don’t eat a lot of candy, honestly. (*booing erupts from the sidelines*) but there was a time I would pound down Jolly Ranchers. It was probably really unhealthy now that I think about it.
8) Can you describe what your dream writing environment would be?
Oh, this is a good one! I haven’t thought about this. I love writing while I’m at my porch. If there were more plants and butterflies around me, though, it’d be even better.
9) What collections do you have?
If I’m out and about and I see a little owl toy, charm, statue, pillow, or whatever it may be, my shopping impulse control flees. Our local school even used their 3D printer to make me a tiny owl. He still sits on my desk and I love him!
10) If you could have any mythical (or wild) creature as a pet what would it be?
*Banging fists on desk* Talking owl. Talking owl. Talking owl. Talking owl. Talk—
11) What is your favorite quote and why?
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, the Fellowship of the Ring.
I knowww, no one saw that one coming! But seriously, I think about this quote almost every day because it’s just so true! And thought provoking! And stares me in the face when I’m wasting my time! But not in a mean, judgmental way, in a kind, encouraging, Gandalf-y way.
A close second is this one:
“A year from now you will wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb
That’s another one that motivates me to get to work! 🙂
11 Facts about myself
- I’m an INFP (whoo, Meyers-Briggs!)
- I LOVE tea. My favorites are chamomile and english breakfast, but I’m also partial to green tea, chai, white tea, and peppermint.
- I completed the first draft of my first book five years ago.
- Despite being around horses for almost ten years, I’ve only fallen off once, and it wasn’t even my horse I fell off of. I also take full blame for the fall.
- I’ve taken Latin classes for about six years.
- I can crochet! Once I crocheted a granny square quilt and arranged the squares to look like the old 8-bit Mario. It took so long.
- The first song I ever wrote was inspired by the lyrics from the Redwall book Martin the Warrior.
- I’m afraid of heights, but at the same time, I love sitting out on my roof. So I don’t know what’s up with that.
- If I was in Lord of the Rings, I would be a hobbit. Hands down.
- My favorite superhero is Spiderman.
- I name nearly every animal I come across. Some include Twig the bird, Scamp the chipmunk, Fiona the hawk, and Bo the turtle.
Phew! I’m so bad at thinking of random facts about myself so that was tough! Time to nominate some other bloggers!
These are a few bloggers I’ve gotten to know over the past couple months, and their blogs are all so beautiful and so inspiring! Please check them out! 🙂
Here are the 11 questions I want you to answer:
- What was that one book that really got you into reading?
- What’s your favorite genre to read and to write in, if they’re different?
- If you could spend the afternoon with one author, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite season?
- How long have you been writing and blogging?
- If you could have a tea party with three fictional characters, who would they be?
- Paperback or hardcover books and why?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you play any instruments?
- Beaches or forests?
- What are your favorite kinds of animals?
Thank you again, Brianna, for the nomination! This was so much fun! (And seriously, check out her blog, it’s FANTASTIC. And check out the blogs of all of those I’ve nominated—they’re wonderful ladies and talented writers!)
I’ll be back next week with our Regularly Scheduled Program 😉